My hobby-turned-passion began to evolve during my work assignments to London, where, during these periods I decided to explore all the (London) Michelin starred restaurants in my spare time. As a result, I gradually built up a catalogue of all these venues.
It was never my intention to create this site in the beginning, nor did it ever occur to me. However, as a result of taking pictures in all of the restaurants and having the knowledge of what the feel and taste of every place was like at first hand, I decided in Jan 15 to share these experiences and any gems of knowledge gained along the way through a newly constructed website. You might see therefore, pictures taken several years ago using the iPhone of the time are naturally not as good as ones using the later iPhones of today and a somewhat more passionate emphasis on more recent reviews (La Trompette as prime example).
I have dined in and reviewed all Michelin Starred restaurants in the UK on this website. I have also dined in numerous other 3 Michelin Starred restaurants and notable eateries around the world and all are reviewed impartially on this site.
Some final, key points, which will help the reader:
- The top percentage grade is purely for the food and the food alone and is the overall and average grade from all visits (if applicable).
- A high score does not therefore mean the service or ambiance is equally high – where the overall pleasantness or particular strength of a restaurant is clear, or there is a particularly fine wine list for example, these attributes are highlighted in the text for each review.
- The emphasis of this site is food over wine – where a restaurant has a wine list available on their website, I have included this as a link in the restaurant details box for those who wish quick access to cover this gap.
- I recognise that all people’s preferences are different, so I will not cater for everyone’s tastes in style and food. I have developed a taste for simple quality (in all senses of the word) and I can only say that my viewpoints shared are from knowing what is comparably good and genuine, with what is not, from visiting all these establishments.
- My food grades are therefore my opinion based on the comparitives of all my dining experiences.